It’s a pretty important role, and could be a great resumé booster as well as a fun opportunity to connect with other parents! Will you lead it?
This lead role could be split to share the responsibilities, and would be supported by a team of Dickens' parent/guardian volunteers.
It entails the following:
- Solicit donations based on last year's contact list
- Collect/Catalogue/Store donations at the school
- Wrap [some items—can be done as a wrapping party with parent volunteers]
- Value and set minimum bids [there's a nifty spreadsheet you'll be given by last year's stellar Silent Auction Lead—it will do the calculations for you]
Manage the Event
- Setup on the Day of the SPRING FLING
- Bidding/Payment/Security [with support from the PAC Treasurer]
Manage the Wrap Up
- Distribution of items to winning bidders not picked up on the event day
- Draft and distribute Thank You letters to donors [can use last year’s letter as a template]
Average time commitment is 3 to 6 hours per week from now through to the event. It then gets very busy during the final two weeks leading up to SPRING FLING and the day of the event: Thursday, June 1, 2017
If you would like to volunteer as the Lead for Silent Auctions or need more info about this role, email email@example.com OR contact Tamara Shand at firstname.lastname@example.org